126.96.36.199. Start by means of the additional rechargeable battery
In order to avoid a serious trauma and damage of the car as a result of explosion of the rechargeable battery, burns acid, electric burns and damage of electronics it is necessary to observe these instructions in accuracy.
If to you any point of this procedure is unclear, we strongly recommend to ask for the help the qualified mechanic or in service of towage.
1. If the additional rechargeable battery is installed on other car, be convinced that cars do not adjoin with each other. Switch off all unnecessary light devices and the service equipment.
For start use the rechargeable battery having similar or higher characteristics. Start with use of any other additional battery can be difficult.
If start was difficult, charge the rechargeable battery within several minutes.
2. If necessary remove all ventilating traffic jams from the additional and discharged rechargeable batteries. Cover open air vents of batteries with fabric (it will help to reduce danger of explosion, injuries and burns).
3. If the engine of the car on which the additional rechargeable battery is installed does not work, start it and let's it work within several minutes. During start by means of the additional battery the engine has to work at speed about 2000 min.-1 at slightly pressed accelerator pedal.
Fig. 1.143. The consecutive scheme of start of the engine from the additional battery
4. Execute connection of cables as it should be and, with, d (fig. 1.143).
a. Connect a clip of a positive (red) connecting cable to positive (+) the plug of the discharged rechargeable battery.
b. Connect a clip on other end of a positive (red) connecting cable to positive (+) the plug of the additional rechargeable battery.
c. Connect a clip of a negative (black) connecting cable to the negative plug of the additional rechargeable battery.
d. Connect a clip on other end of a negative (black) cable to a firm, motionless, unpainted metal point of the car with the discharged rechargeable battery.
Fig. 1.144. Points of connection of a clip of a negative cable of the rechargeable battery
The recommended points of connection are shown in the figure 1.144.
Do not connect a cable to any detail of the car which moves at a provorachivaniye of a bent shaft of the engine, and also near such detail.
In order to avoid a serious trauma at connection of cables do not bend over the rechargeable battery and do not allow connecting cables or clips to concern something, except the necessary plugs of rechargeable batteries or grounding.
5. Start the engine in the usual way. After start the engine has to work within several minutes at a speed about 2000 min.-1 at slightly pressed accelerator pedal.
6. Carefully disconnect cables, working strictly in the return sequence: at first negative cable, then positive.
7. Carefully remove and you will throw out the fabrics covering rechargeable batteries as now they can be impregnated with sulfuric acid.
8. If you removed ventilating traffic jams, establish them into place.
If the first attempt of start was unsuccessful, be convinced that the clip on connecting cables is established densely. Repeatedly charge the discharged rechargeable battery, for several minutes having connected connecting cables, and make start of the engine in the usual way.