188.8.131.52. Buksirvka of the trailer
Your car is designed, first of all, as the car for transportation of passengers. Towage of the trailer will exert negative impact on management, operational qualities, braking, durability and savings in driving process (fuel consumption, etc.). Your safety depends on the correct use of the appropriate equipment and a habit to careful driving. For ensuring the safety and safety of people around it is not necessary to overload your car or the trailer. Guarantee certificates of Toyota do not extend to the damages and malfunctions caused by towage of the trailer for commercial purposes. Before towage of the trailer apply for more detailed information to your local dealer of Toyota as in some countries additional legal requirements can be applied.
Before towage confirm towing power at your local dealer to Toyota or in documents on the car and be convinced that your trailer corresponds to towing power.
Tests of towing power were carried out at sea level. If you intend to go to the mountain area, keep in mind that the engine capacity and towing power at the same time decrease.
Various coupling devices of the trailer have the different permissible towing load established by manufacturer. Even if the car can physically tow bigger weight, the driver has to define the maximum admissible value of weight for the concrete coupling device and never exceed the maximum admissible value of weight established for the coupling device of the trailer. Excess of the most admissible value of the weight established by manufacturer of the coupling device of the trailer can become a cause of accident and lead to receiving serious injuries.
It is recommended to use only such arms which are designed and approved for your car.
Light signals of the trailer.
Check the correct work of indexes to a povorotov of stoplights every time at connection of the trailer. Direct connection can lead to damage of electric system of your car and to become a cause of defect of light devices.
Schedule of a running in of the trailer.
It is not recommended to carry out towage of the trailer the new car or the car on which the new power component (the engine, the transmission, differential, the wheel bearing, etc.) the first 800 km of a run is installed.
– If the car is used for towage of the trailer, he is exposed to additional loading and demands more frequent maintenance.
– Tighten all fixing bolts of the towing spherical hinge and an arm approximately through each 1000 km (km) of a run with the trailer.
Check of safety before towage.
– Make sure that you did not exceed the maximum load established for the spherical hinge of a towing arm of the coupling device. Remember that load of spherical hinged connection increases load of the car in general. Do not exceed the most permissible load on a back axis.
– Make sure that freight of the trailer is reliably fixed and cannot move.
– If for the review of a situation on the road of standard rear-view mirrors it is not enough, additional external mirrors will be necessary for you. Both external mirrors need to be fixed on folding consoles and to adjust so that they provided a good rearview at any time.
Recommendations about towage of the trailer.
At towage of the trailer driving will differ from management at the movement without towage. Three main reasons which can lead to failure of the car at towage of the trailer are the driver's mistake, speeding and the wrong loading of the trailer.
– Before a start of motion check operation of light devices and all connections between the car and the trailer. After the movement on short distance stop and double-check light devices and connections. Before towage of the trailer be trained in performance of turns, a stop and delivery with the trailer in the place remote from traffic back, you will not gain skill of driving with the trailer yet.
– As the brake way at towage of the trailer increases, the distance to ahead the going car needs also to be increased. The distance to ahead the going car decides at the rate of not less than one length of the car on the trailer on each 10 km/h of speed. Avoid sharp braking as it can lead to a drift, wagging of the trailer and loss of management. It is especially important to observe this requirement on the wet or slippery road.
– Avoid a start of motion breakthroughs and sharp acceleration. For prevention of excessive sliding of coupling support operation of the engine on low turns and do not give full gas. Always begin the movement with the first transfer.
– Avoid sharp maneuvers and abrupt turns. At abrupt turn the trailer can collide the car. Before performance of turn it is necessary to dump slowly speed to prevent need of sudden braking.
– The movement back with the trailer represents the increased complexity and demands a training. For the movement of the trailer take a steering wheel for the lower part to the left and move a hand to the left. For the movement of the trailer move a hand to the right to the right this procedure is completely opposite to the movement without trailer back.) Besides, the steering wheel should be moved gradually for once, avoiding sharp movements and long rotation. For reduction of risk of accident at the movement ask somebody to prompt you the direction back.
– Remember that when performing turn of a wheel of the trailer car wheels move closer to turn inside, than. To compensate this phenomenon, the turn should be carried out with a big radius, than when driving without trailer.
– The side wind and existence of potholes on the road negatively influence controllability of the car with the trailer, causing their rocking. You monitor a situation on the road behind you in due time to be prepared for overtaking by big trucks or buses which can begin to cause rocking of the car with the trailer. In case of rocking strong undertake a steering wheel and immediately, however smoothly, reduce speed. Do not increase speed at all. If it is required to reduce speed, execute slow braking. You hold a wheel so that the car moved forward directly. If not to do sharp amendments by steering and brakes, the movement of the car and trailer is stabilized.
– Be careful when overtaking other cars. Overtaking of other cars requires considerable distance. Do not forget about length of the trailer and before change of a lane after overtaking of the car be convinced available a sufficient empty seat.
– That braking by the engine was effective, do not use the fifth transfer (the mechanical transmission) or the raising transfer (the automatic transmission).
– As the trailer renders additional load of the car, in hot days (at a temperature over 30 °C) at rise on a long or steep slope with the trailer the engine of the car can overheat. If the index of temperature of cooling liquid of the engine signals about an overheat, immediately switch off the air conditioning system (if it is included), move down after the journey and stop in the safe place.
– During the parking always enclose blocks under wheels of both the car, and the trailer. Reliably involve the parking brake. Install the transmission in situation "P" (the automatic transmission) or turn on the first or reverse gear (the mechanical transmission). Avoid the parking with the trailer on a slope, however, if it is inevitable, at first surely execute the following:
1. Press a pedal of a brake and hold it;
2. Ask somebody to enclose blocks under wheels of both the car, and the trailer;
3. When blocks are enclosed under wheels, slowly release brakes until blocks assume loading;
4. Reliably involve the parking brake;
5. Turn on the first or reverse gear (the mechanical transmission) or establish in situation "P" (the automatic transmission) and switch off the engine.
To start the movement after the parking on a slope:
1. Start the engine at the lever (the automatic transmission) installed in situation "P" or the pressed coupling pedal (the mechanical transmission). With the automatic transmission surely you keep a pedal of a brake in a case pressed;
2. Include transfer;
3. Release the parking brake (also foot brake on cars with the automatic transmission) and slowly drive off from blocks forward or back. Stop and press a brake pedal;
4. Ask somebody to remove blocks.