22.214.171.124. Atiblokirovochny system of brakes (ABS)
The anti-blocking brake system is designed to promote prevention of blocking of wheels during unexpected braking or braking on slippery pavings. It helps to provide course stability and work of steering of the car in such circumstances.
ABS with EBD
– On Camry the anti-blocking system of brakes (ABS) which interferes with blocking of wheels at emergency brake application is used, and thus helps to keep the provision of the vehicle on the road and its controllability. Besides, together with ABS the system of electronic distribution of brake efforts (EBD) which uses the hydraulic ABS control unit is used properly to distribute brake effort between forward and back wheels according to road conditions. EBD also operates brake efforts of the right and left wheels, thus helping to support the provision of the vehicle when braking and at the movement on turns. These functions guarantee excellent operation of the brake system.
– The system of regulation of traction effort (TRC) provides appropriate traction effort and helps to receive excellent dynamic characteristics at the rectilinear movement and the movement on turns on a slippery paving.
– If stability of the vehicle is broken because of the emergency maneuver in an emergency, the control system of course stability (VSC) operates the moment of roving influencing the engine capacity and the brake system that helps to support proper position of the vehicle.
– When the driver suddenly presses a brake, the amplifier of emergency brake application BRAKE ASSIST defines this action as emergency brake application and provides more intensive braking to help drivers who cannot strongly press a brake pedal. Except emergency brake application, there are also other situations in which the amplifier of emergency brake application can be useful. For example, if the vehicle is completely loaded, then the stop requires bigger brake effort which is provided with the amplifier of emergency brake application.
Effective way of pressing of a pedal of a brake of ABS: when function of the anti-blocking brake system joins, you can feel a pulsation of a pedal of a brake and hear noise. In such situation to ensure functioning of the anti-blocking brake system, press a brake pedal simply stronger. Do not swing a brake pedal in panic for a stop. It will lead to decrease in efficiency of braking.
The anti-blocking brake system turns on when the car accelerates to the speed exceeding about 10 km/h. It is disconnected when the car is slowed down to speed below about 5 km/h.
Pressing a brake pedal on slippery pavings, for example, on a hatch cover, a steel plate on the building site, bridge connection, etc. in rainy day leads to turning on of the anti-blocking brake system.
You can hear click or a motor sound in an engine compartment within several seconds when the engine, or right after a car start of motion is started. It means that the anti-blocking brake system is in the self-examination mode, and does not mean malfunction.
At turning on of the anti-blocking brake system there can be following conditions (they do not point to malfunction of system):
– You can hear operation of the anti-blocking brake system and feel a brake pedal pulsation, and also vibration of a body of the car and a steering wheel. You can hear a motor sound in an engine compartment even after a car stop;
– at the end of operation of the anti-blocking brake system the pedal of a brake can move slightly forward.
Do not overestimate a possibility of the anti-blocking brake system. In spite of the fact that the anti-blocking brake system promotes increase in controllability of the car, during driving it is important to observe all necessary care; to support the moderate speed and safe distance to ahead the going car as there are restrictions in stability of the car and overall performance of steering even during the operation of the anti-blocking brake system.
If the characteristic of coupling of the tire with the road exceeds the opportunities or if there is a hydrosliding when driving at a high speed during a rain, the anti-blocking brake system will not be able to provide driving.
The anti-blocking brake system is not intended for reduction of a brake way: always you drive the car at a moderate speed and keep safe distance to ahead the going car. In comparison with the cars which are not equipped with the anti-blocking brake system, to your car longer brake way in the following cases can be required:
– driving on the bumpy, covered gravel or to snow-covered roads;
– driving with the established antisliding chains;
– driving on roughnesses, for example, on road joints;
– driving on roads which road surface is covered with poles, or with various height of a paving.
Install all 4 tires of the specified size with the appropriate pressure of air. The anti-blocking brake system determines car speed by speed sensors on the speed of rotation of the corresponding wheels. Use of the tires other than specified can lead to the wrong determination of exact speed of rotation of wheels and, as a result, to increase in a brake way.