1.1.8. Keys, locks of doors, hatch, anticreeping system
Fig. 1.23. Set of keys of the car: 1 – main keys; 2 – auxiliary key
Your car is delivered with two types of keys (fig. 1.23).
All locks of the car can be opened one key. However as doors can be blocked also without use of a key, it is recommended to carry with itself a spare key in case you will incidentally lock a key in the car.
Fig. 1.24. A label with number of a key
The set of keys has number which is put on the number label which is on the same ring as keys (fig. 1.24).
Remember or write down number of your key. That strangers could not learn number of a key, remove a label from a ring and you store it in the safe place separately from keys out of the car.
If additional keys (are necessary for you or at loss of keys), duplicates can be made by the official dealer of Toyota.
The key is supplied with the transmitter of wireless remote control. For receiving more detailed data concerning use of the transmitter of system of wireless remote control see the subsection "Transmitter of Wireless Remote Control" in this section.
This key does not approach a box for gloves and to a luggage carrier.
To save everything locked in a luggage carrier or a box for thing gloves at statement of the car in the parking mode, leave to service personnel an auxiliary key.
The transponder chip for system of blocking of the engine is built in a head of the main keys and an auxiliary key. Such chips are necessary to ensure appropriate functioning of system therefore be attentive and do not lose these keys. If you make an own twirl, you will not be able to unblock system or to start the engine.
During the work with a key with the built-in chip of the transponder observe the following precautionary measures:
1. At start of the engine do not use a key with a ring which adjoins to a key head, and do not press a ring of a key to its head. Otherwise, the engine either will not be started, or can soon stop after start.
2. At start of the engine do not use a key near which there is one more key with the transponder (including keys from other cars), and do not press a flat surface of other key to a head. Otherwise, the engine either will not be started, or can soon stop after start. If it occurred, remove excess keys (including keys from other cars) from a ring, either clamp or cover them with a hand, take out a key and insert it again then start the engine.
3. Do not bend a key head.
4. You do not apply on a key head a covering from other material as it leads to reflection of electromagnetic waves.
5. You do not knock a key in other objects with use of force.
6. Do not subject a key to long influence of high temperatures, in particular, do not leave it on the dashboard or on a cowl under direct sunshine.
7. Do not lower a key in water and do not wash it in an ultrasonic sink.
8. Do not subject a key to influence of electromagnetic materials.